Dear Spanaway Dental Wellness Friends,
As a member of your local community, we care deeply about the health and the well-being of our patients, families, and staff members. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the ever-changing pandemic presents a unique set of challenges for dental care providers like us that must be addressed.
As of March 19, 2020, Governor Inslee has restricted care to urgent and emergency dental services until May 18, 2020. Doctors can perform elective procedures if delaying the procedure would cause harm to the patient within the next three months.
We value the importance of social distancing. To be compliant with the guidelines of the CDC, American Dental Association, Washington Department of Health, and Washington State Dental Association, it’s with a heavy heart that we are temporarily closing our office to elective/non-urgent services.
As dental health professionals, we play a major role in reducing the burden on the hospital systems.
We will set out limited days each week (Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am-4pm) until we are fully operational to take care of our urgent cases.
NEW COVID-19 APPOINTMENT PROTOCOL:
- The reception area will be closed to waiting patients
- Stay in your car and text or call (253) 275-1255 to let us know you’ve arrived
- A team member will call or text back to let you know when we are ready for you to enter the clinic
- Only patients are allowed in (if a child has an appointment, one guardian may accompany)
- Once inside:
- You’ll be asked a series of screening questions
- Your temperature will be taken
- You’ll be asked to wash your hands, brush your teeth, and rinse with a peroxide mouth rinse
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email our office and we will be happy to discuss further. If you are calling outside of our in-office times, you will have the option to be directed to our off-site scheduling center or leave a voicemail for our team. You may also reach us online by direct messaging us on Facebook and Instagram.
This is an unprecedented time. We know that in the long-term, this will make us stronger and safer, but in the meantime, we have to implement major safety protocols for everyone’s health and safety. We appreciate your patience and understanding! Stay well,
The Team at Spanaway Dental Wellness